Yirgacheffe Coffee Tour - 5 Days
Discover Organic Coffee in Kaffa, Bonga, where coffee beans first discovered
Tour Code: Coffee 04
Program: Place of Coffee
Duration: 4 Days /5 Nights
Transportation: Surface - drive
Day 1: Arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport & City Tour
Arrival at Bole International airport, meet & greet with us and transfer to the hotel.
Visit Addis Ababa:
- Visit Mount Entoto(3,300 above sea level. The Church of St Mary (1885) and Emperor Menelik II Palace. The Entoto Museum, with its historical exhibits is well worth a visit. The Panoramic View of Addis here is spectacular.
- Ethnological Museum (within Addis Ababa University) that exhibits the culture and handicrafts of various Ethiopian ethnic groups,
- National Museum in which you are visiting different archaeological findings (including Lucy’s replica Skeleton).
- Visit the Trinity Cathedral, Mausoleum of emperor MenelikII at Bààta Church
- The Unity Park - in the Menelik II’s Grand Palace
- Merkato – the largest open market in Africa.
- Visit one of the famous coffee shops like Tomoca. Overnight - Hotel, Addis Ababa
Day 2: Addis Ababa – Awassa – Yirgacheffe
Fly from Addis Ababa to Awassa and drive to Yirgacheffe area for coffee farms and coffee union then testing the best coffee proceed. Overnight - Aregash Lodge - Yirgalem.
Day 3: Excursion to Aleta Wendo
Excursion to Aleta Wendo area coffee farms and coffee union then testing the best coffee. Overnight - Aregash Lodge
Day 4: Return to Awassa
Drive back to Awassa. Visit Awassa around Lake Awassa, interesting for bird watching. Overnight – Hotel – Awassa
Day 5: Awassa – Addis Ababa – Departure
Fly from Awassa to Addis Ababa and departure (end of the trip)
Itinerary can be amended upon request